I'm new to OJB, but that doesn't surprise me since in standard SQL java stuff, you have to do something like:

pstmt.setString(colidx++ , availablity);
pstmt.setString(colidx++ , availablity);

In order to bind every column even if the value is the same. Seems to me like it's normal behavior, but like I said, I'm new to OJB and am not 100% sure of it.