Hi,

Back some time ago, Matthew Baird mentioned looking into explicit prepared statement querying for better OQL support and possibly better performance (reduced query parsing, reduced network traffic, etc.).

http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?[EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgId=428068

Was there any conclusion reached? I have seen significant performance improvements in other O/R mappers (having ODMG support) that I have used that supported this. You probably don't need much convincing as you've decided to use (implicit) prepared statements internally.

An example of the convergence of better performance AND better standards compliance? :)

Thanks,

Phil