        From: Phil Warrick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Tue 1/28/2003 7:15 AM
        To: OJB Users List
        Subject: Prepared statement support

        Hi,

        Back some time ago, Matthew Baird mentioned looking into explicit
        prepared statement querying for better OQL support and possibly better
        performance (reduced query parsing, reduced network traffic, etc.).

http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?[EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgId=428068

        Was there any conclusion reached?  I have seen significant performance
        improvements in other O/R mappers (having ODMG support) that I have used
        that supported this.  You probably don't need much convincing as you've
        decided to use (implicit) prepared statements internally.

        An example of the convergence of better performance AND better standards
        compliance? :)

        Thanks,

        Phil

<<winmail.dat>>