We've been looking at a number of persistence
options for our application and OJB looks like it
might work for us. But I'm not sure how much work
it will be.

The problem is that our client has a web
application framework with role-based connection
pool. The idea is that any data access performed
will be performed using connection parameters that
will resolve to the appropriate permissions.

So we need to get a connection like this

application.getConnection( userid, action );

where <action> could map very nicely to an OJB's
UseCase.

One approach might be ( I'm reaching here ) to create a
general PersistenceBroker with subclasses for each
role and then to assign to each UseCase the
appropriate broker subclass.

Is this possible - is it a reasonable use of OJB?
If so, does this mean we have to fully implement a
PersistenceBroker, or is there a PersistenceBroker
already in existence that we can morph to our
special needs?

We have a ludicrously tight schedule, so the effort
required is a crucial factor in our decision.