Good to see the proposal from Gustavo. I fully endorse what has been said by Gustavo...
I add some thing more It is better to take few core sectors like Oil, Energy, Public Health and move in tandem by involving all those interested please... reagards IYYANKI V MURALIKRISHNA* ...*M Tech[IIT-Madras]Ph D[IISc-Bangalore],FIE, FIS,MIEEE. Dr RAJA RAMANNA DRDO DISTINGUISHED FELLOW. Former Professor and Head Spatial Information Tech.& Director [R&D], JN Technological Univ, Hyderabad, Adjunct Professor, Asian Institute of Technology -Bangkok, Thailand. and Consultant Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad. Address: SMR Acropolis - Block 4, Flat 201, White Field, Kothaguda, Near Silicon Tower, Madhapur, Hyderabad 500084, INDIA. Phone +91-9848049624 and +91 [040] 6999 9109 www.icorg.org On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 4:56 AM, Gustavo Silva < [email protected]> wrote: > Hi all, > > After regaining my strength after a tough breakdown at another project, I > thought about what we could do to re-start the group. Most of the people > previously involved left the group and/or moved away to other things and, > thus, the group is kind of stumbling upon itself. > > It is crucial to rapidly get involved with a couple of projects and get > some results so that people realize we're alive and kicking. > > The oil industry is a very peculiar one and so I believe it is a great > start - specially since the literature is vague and not very concise in > specific matters. That is why the group has previously done a model of an > oil contract > <http://openeconomics.net/2013/10/22/open-model-of-an-oil-contract/>, > partnering up with Open Oil group. However, that research was not concluded > and we must proceed. > > In this specific thread, there are two main things I wish to know from you: > > 1. Who's interested to get involved in this topic? I know Samira and > Rodney want to help, even though their contribution is kind of limited due > to real life commitments. However, as you understand, as more people get > involved, better for us. > 2. Which particular topics would you like to develop? Personally, I would > vote for theoretical models to, first, explain some firm's behaviors in the > market and, later, proceed with empirical analysis, using open data - of > course. > > Please let us know your thoughts. Even if we are only a few collaborating, > we can deliver amazing things, I am sure! > > Thank you in advance and I apologize to spam the OK's main mailing list, > but thought others would like to get involved with us. > > -- > Best Regards / Obrigado e com os melhores cumprimentos, > Gustavo > > > _______________________________________________ > okfn-discuss mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss > Unsubscribe: https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/options/okfn-discuss > >
_______________________________________________ okfn-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss Unsubscribe: https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/options/okfn-discuss
