I second Peter here. I'd be interested to be involved anyhow. Disclosure: I am working on a project aiming to train Iraqi NGOs and local govt officials on technology for transparency. (And yes, I am supposed to go there :) ) Among the main demands, what I see relates to transparency in the aid, oil industries and the military (the latter two being my main focus of interest).
Looking forward to hearing more, Rayna 2015-02-19 6:21 GMT+01:00 Peter Murray-Rust <[email protected]>: > I am in close touch with OpenOil as we are both Shuttleworth > Fellows/projects and we recently had a joint hack in Berlin. Should this be > revisited with OpenOIl? It looks complementary. > > On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Gustavo Silva < > [email protected]> wrote: > >> Hi all, >> >> After regaining my strength after a tough breakdown at another project, I >> thought about what we could do to re-start the group. Most of the people >> previously involved left the group and/or moved away to other things and, >> thus, the group is kind of stumbling upon itself. >> >> It is crucial to rapidly get involved with a couple of projects and get >> some results so that people realize we're alive and kicking. >> >> The oil industry is a very peculiar one and so I believe it is a great >> start - specially since the literature is vague and not very concise in >> specific matters. That is why the group has previously done a model of >> an oil contract >> <http://openeconomics.net/2013/10/22/open-model-of-an-oil-contract/>, >> partnering up with Open Oil group. However, that research was not concluded >> and we must proceed. >> >> In this specific thread, there are two main things I wish to know from >> you: >> >> 1. Who's interested to get involved in this topic? I know Samira and >> Rodney want to help, even though their contribution is kind of limited due >> to real life commitments. However, as you understand, as more people get >> involved, better for us. >> 2. Which particular topics would you like to develop? Personally, I >> would vote for theoretical models to, first, explain some firm's behaviors >> in the market and, later, proceed with empirical analysis, using open data >> - of course. >> >> Please let us know your thoughts. Even if we are only a few >> collaborating, we can deliver amazing things, I am sure! >> >> Thank you in advance and I apologize to spam the OK's main mailing list, >> but thought others would like to get involved with us. >> >> -- >> Best Regards / Obrigado e com os melhores cumprimentos, >> Gustavo >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> okfn-discuss mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss >> Unsubscribe: https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/options/okfn-discuss >> >> > > > -- > Peter Murray-Rust > Reader in Molecular Informatics > Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry > University of Cambridge > CB2 1EW, UK > +44-1223-763069 > > _______________________________________________ > okfn-discuss mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss > Unsubscribe: https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/options/okfn-discuss > > -- "Change l'ordre du monde plutôt que tes désirs." http://me.hatewasabi.info/
_______________________________________________ okfn-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss Unsubscribe: https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/options/okfn-discuss
