ngraham added a comment.

  In T10812#182213 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10812#182213>, @aacid wrote:

  > No, we just need to get users away from bad distros.

  I find this really insulting. :/ I think discrete release distros can be
great.

  It's also unrealistic. The "bad distros" are the ones actually used by huge
numbers of people. In my last job, almost all the engineers used Linux on their
desktop. Did they use Arch? No. OpenSUSE Tumbleweed? No. They all used CentOS
or Ubuntu LTS versions, because those are the distros that their enterprise
customers are using. We can't increase our market penetration by ignoring these
distros. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the major reasons why we do
releases in the first place is for the benefit of distros. If they wanted to,
they could just package snapshots of our sources, right? We're already
providing a nice-to-have service by even doing releases.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10812

To: ngraham
Cc: aacid, #yakuake, #okular, #dolphin, #kate, #spectacle, #konsole, #gwenview,
#kde_pim, #kde_games, #kde_applications, ngraham