I paid $275 2 years ago. It was also a locking diff, but I went with a buddy
and he paid $250 for a standard.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Robinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:16 PM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [old-chevy-truck] Horn button restoration

The core I sent had good chrome so I doubt that was an issure.  I suspect
painting was all that was done.  BRW I have a lead on a guy with a couple of
used 4:10 gears for us 3/4 tonners.  He is asking $275 + shipping.  Does
anyone know a cheaper option other than finding an old van yourself?

"JONES, ALLEN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Even an original horn button that is "cleaned up", painted and clear
coated (no rechroming) can look pretty good! That's what I did, it's
not perfect, but it's looking quite nice after several years (and many
honks). Clear coat is magic.

Allen
'50 3100