I missed that part since my stepson didn't appear till
age 16. He calls me Dad now. He's moved out but comes
by often, like when his oil needs changing or
something else is broken.

He says I'm made an enormous impact on his life. That
made me feel good. SWMBO always says the same.

At least I know I've done 2 good things so I can take
the dirt nap in peace when the time comes.

He said he wants the 56 Buick after I die. Geez. I
ain't quite ready yet. Don't know if he wants the 55 2
ton. He prolly wants to "pimp" the Buick. I try not to
think about that. I want to keep it stock.

Where did the grey hair come from?

I'll get the Steele rubber for the rear window. The
Steele guy told me it's guaranteed for life. Is that
my life or the truck's?

Getting the old one out is gonna be a bugger. It's
REAL dry rotted.

Jon L.

--- vwnate1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That's a _pefect_ example of a " precocious child "
> !
>
> LOL !! .
>
> Enjoy him now , all too soon he'll be gone and
> you'll be suffering
> the " empty nest syndrome " .
>
> -Nate
>       Mike  wrote:
> >
> > Funny Story about my helpers:
> > I drive them every day to school in the truck (it
> is a daily
> driver,
> > but don't have to go far for them, a little
> further to work.) One
> > day my oldest (6 yr old) gets in with a candy bar
> and tosses the
> > wrapper on the floor.
> > I ask him why he did that
> > His response: "It's a truck."
> > I ask him if he wants my truck when he gets older:
> > "No, dad."
> > "Why not?" I ask, with flashes of him wanting a
> fancy new car or
> > something of the like racing through my head.
> > "Because it's dirty." He answers, "Just look at
> the wrapper on the
> > floor."
> > Ah, to be 6 yrs old again...
> >
> > Mike T
> > '51 235 3100
> >

> > --- In old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, "Lowery,
> Jim"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > No advice but just want to say those 2 helpers
> you got are
> > keepers. 4 and 6 will be 18 and gone before you
> know it <sniff>
> Darn
> > these spring allergies...
> > >
> > > Jim R. Lowery,