Guys,
Help me understand the "Scam" of your receiving his response.  He will send a
check to you, with your proper name and address "so you can get it in the
mail".  This check if for the price of the truck AND shipping.   You take it to
YOUR bank and wait until it clears and they assure you there is indeed american
$ in your account.  You pay yourself for the truck and then pay the people, who
come to ship the truck, the balance.   I don't see it.  In fact ... the scam
can be that you have the $ in your checking/savings account and keep the truck.
I've had one of those scams come to me and they wanted all of my banking
information so they could wire the money to the bank.  AHAA!  All of my
pertinent information so they could TAKE the $ from my account.  Man... what a
scam that is.

Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That is definitely fraud looking to me, it is commonly referred to
as the "Nigerian Scam" the check will be bad, you lose the truck,
AND they rob you of the cash you put up to ship, I always tell the
buyers they are responsible for their own shipping on things I sell
for just such reason, also tell them checks are only to be from
banks within the states, and not to exceed the sale amount. Good
measures to reduce the fraud, I go even further in that I warn the
buyer I hold the item 10 days after depositing the check to make
sure its cleared. Most honest people know the scams and are ok with
that for just such reasons.
-Chris

> >From: "Alain Leclerc"
> >I listed my truck for sale on ChevyTrucks.org and got this guy e-
mailing me
> >about it, asked me to send pics and pricing... apparently
for "his client".
> > He sent me this back... I remember reading at one point a
warning on here
> >about offers like this... What do you think? If this is a
fraud, what can
> >I do to get him?
> >

> >Hello Alain,
> >
> > I really appreciate your timely responce. The price for
the truck
> >is okay by me and client. i will instuct my Personal assitant
presently in
> >States to send you payment for the truck and shipment.
> >
> >I will tell him to sent to $4,000CDN for the truck and rest for
the
> >shipment in your location to my place.
> >You will deposit the check as soon as you recieve it and after
the bank
> >confirm the funds to your account you will now split the funds by
removing
> >the selling price for the truck and wire the rest to My shipping
company so
> >that they can come for the pickup.
> >
> >We needed your full name on the check payment and your contact
address
> >where the check will be sent to and also your phone number where
i can
> >reach you for more details.
> >
> >Expecting your soonest responce.
> >
> >Regards,