Kurt and Nate: I'm new to this list and just got my truck a couple
of weeks ago. Who sells these Petronics pointless ignitions you are
speaking of? Sounds like the way to go. What do they cost?

Zort Brown
58 SB FS
Lincoln, NE

--- In old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, "Nick's Yahoo"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Kurt:  It's on my "future" list.  Right know I just want to start
my engine.
> Finished up the wiring today and going over the checklist
for "startup".
> Getting anxious.
> PS:  Yes mine is a converted 12v system and I agree on the
philosophy.

> Nick K.
> 74 454 Vette
> Oak Island NC

from the
> > ignition circuit, creating a colder spark. I assume Nick's truck
is
> > converted to 12V, I don't believe the 6V systems used a
resistor. I may be
> > wrong there.
> > I have used the Petronics (sp) pointless ingnition on a couple
of SBC
> > motors, they eliminate the resistor. Nick you might want to
consider this
> > too.
> >

> > Kurt
> > 58 3100 Apache project
> > the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...
> >

> >>From: "vwnate1" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
> >>Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re:  Ignition Ballanst Resistor
> >>Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:54:59 -0000
> >>

> >>Piffle .
> >>
> >>The only reson a ballast resistor is used is to improve cold
weather
> >>starting by allowing a hotter spark when the starter is
operating and
> >>thereby lowering the current to the coil ~ a non - ballasted
ignition
> >>system uses a different coil with an _internal_ resistor so the
> >>points will in fact last the same .
> >>
> >>Ask any shop or dealer mechanic who's changed thusands of point
sets
> >>over the years , all last the same , ballasted or not .
> >>
> >>Old GM 6 cylinder engines are -so- easy to start they don't need
all
> >>this complication & extra wiring unless you live in cold weather
> >>country .
> >>
> >>It _is_ a good thing to have on all V-ate engines IMO .
> >>
> >>-Nate

> >>starter to the
> >>makes hotter
> >>ballast
> >>connect to
> >>and hotter
> >>power
> >>vehicle
> >>too

Wiring

> >>wiring and
> >>Button.

> >>Starter

> > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today -
it's FREE!

> > Ole Chevy and GMC trucks rule!
> >
> > To unsubscribe, send an email (with no subject, no body, just
the email),
> > to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Yahoo! Groups Links

[EMAIL PROTECTED]