Thanks, thats what the truck manual suggests too.

 --- In old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Cluley
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well I'll give you my take on it.  Keep in mind I have a '50 3100
that has a 3 speed tranny and a torque tube.  Instead of pulling the
tranny up through the access hole in the floor pan, I loosened the
trunion bolts, slid the yoke on the torque tube back, raised the
tube with a jack, loosened the cross member supporting the tranny
and slide it back toward the rear of the truck.  Once all that was
done, the tranny was clear to unbolt and lower to the floor.  Didn't
use a tranny jack (I think the unit weighs about 50 lbs) but it
would have probably been easier.  I also found this to be a much
easier way to install.

>   Ken
>
> brynzadrine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   I have a bad seal on my transmission. The clutch gear bearing
retainer
> gasket (say that 5 times fast) is leaking all over my driveway. I
> bought a gasket kit from Chevy Duty to replace all the seals while
> have it out. Does anyone have any advice or tips they can pass
along?
> The last tranny I pulled was out of my 77 Chevy van in 1993...
>

> Ole Chevy and GMC trucks rule!
>
> To unsubscribe, send an email (with no subject, no body, just the
email), to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Yahoo! Groups Links

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links