Did Chevrolet ever make a door that would latch?  I remember back in'67 my
Grandpa going down the road in an old AD truck and had a piece of re bar for a
dead bolt!  I have since seen something similar on some of the AD trucks in the
Old Navy store.

  Isn't there some kind of aftermarket latch, a bear claw or something like
that modeled after the new style latches in use today?  Something that won't
come open when you're busy having an accident and can't be bothered to reach
over and shut the door?  I've had mine come open on a corner more times than I
like.

rmarks10 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I have sufferred long enough. I bought new repop latches for my '51 a year
ago and they are trash..always have been. I can't remember which vendor I got
them from but now want to get some new ones. Anyone have any good luck with a
particular vendor? Bowtie Bits is usually good and so is Chevs of the 40's.
However, Chevs of the 40's is asking $79.00 each and Jeff is asking $45 each.
USUALLY that much difference in price is due to quality. Any thoughts? Sure
would love to be able to lock the doors.

Roy

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links