  From: vwnate1
  To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:50 AM
  Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re: Tool question

  Yes -but- make sure your torque wrench goes that high else you'll ruin
  it's calibration .

  Me , I just use a cheater pipe on a flex handle (often mis named
  a 'breaker bar') and put both feet up against the chassis or wheel then
  pull for all I'm worth , this is how all my new spring bolts got
  tightened and not a one loose yet....

  -Nate
  Robert wrote:

  > I just got a sway bar based on the discussions regarding one. My
  issue is that a bracket needs to go on the spring U-bolts and on my 3/4
  ton they are torqued to something like 215 ft lbs. I have a sears 1/2
  inch drive "clicker" torque wrench but I an't got the butt to pull that
  kinda G-force. Would I throw the accuracy off if I put a "persuader"
  (piece of pipe) over the handle to give me a bit more leverage or is
  its accuracy dependent on the force at the right length from the head?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links