  From: Mike & Inez Plucker
  To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com ; Old Chevy/GMC Truck
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 12:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [old-chevy-truck] Harmonic balancer

  Penetrating oil applied a couple of times, before trying. Next a small amount
of heat applied with a Propane torch or Oxy/Acetylene. This does not work try
smacking the bolt with a hammer, straight on towards the crank shaft, this
doesn't work? bigger hammer might, still on? then all three may be needed, Try
combinations of heat, penetrating oil, hammer, and keep pressure on harmonic
balancer with puller. Keep the faith it will come off eventually.
  Mike 50 3100,

  Is there a trick to pulling this thing off? I know they are pressed on faily
tight but is there a key or somthing? The shop manual simply says "attach J
tool and remove". I have a 6" gear puller that I cranked down until the veins
in my neck were visible and nothing happened.

  Roy

  .

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links