Ahhhh crap, its keeps getting better Bill. Again, I'd loved to have been there
to hear that one. I wonder if the so called alignment expert had any idea that
every bleeping rear wheel drive vehicle on the road in the last 100 years has
had approximately the same toe specs. Ideal spec would be 0 toe when the
vehicle is traveling so the toe is typically set in slightly when the vehicle
is static to compensate for tire drag. Without the specs in hand, the mechanic
must default to using his or her head.

Apparently thats what you had to do to get the job done.

Jeff in Clermont, FL