From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:old-chevy-tr...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Tye
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:52 AM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Spindle wheel bearing interaction

The daggone inner wheel bearing won't go over my spindle on my 48 Chevy
2-ton.  I blued everything up and it seems to be a problem of the spindle is
simply too large for the new bearing by enough to where it won't go on.  Did
they make bearings that way in the days of old so they would have to be
machined for a precise fit?  This is a NOS bearing.  There is no way to take
the truck or the axle to a machinist now.

The bearings fits the hub but not the spindle though the old one fit right.
The old one was so pitted I couldn't believe the wheel turned at all! How
can I correct this so the bearing will fit properly?