Found a picture of the oil filter accessory for that year.

http://www.emdpix.com/ebay/cloudy55/00engined1.jpg

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter Peterson
  To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 5:30 PM
  Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Block No. 3703524 CI 265 year 1955 2 bolt main V8

  I am looking into a rebuilt 1955 chevy V8 (Engine Casting # 3703524). It is a
CI 265, 2 bolt main with no oil filter. It also comes with a rebuilt 3 speed
transmission and a posi rear end (all 55 numbers).
  My question is has any one run one of these in their truck and was it an ok
engine?  Any issues with the lack of an oil filter?
  ThanksPete