Don't plan to drive out the old stud with the steering arm still attached to
the truck.   Remove the arm and support it with something stout.  Then apply
the BFH.
________________________________
From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com [old-chevy-tr...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Kent S. Butler [kent_but...@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 9:08 PM
To: old_chevroletgmctru...@yahoogroups.com; old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com;
oletrucks
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Tie Rod End Replacement

Fellow Ole Truckers:

I am getting ready to start the process of work on the front end of my '56 Chevy
3100.  One item of attention, is the tie rod and ends.  I will be replacing with
the new style tie rod ends.  I have read the various tech articles and it seems
pretty straight forward.  Grind off the peening, drill hole in center and drive
out old ball stud.  Will see how easy or hard it really is.

Just seeking any do's / dont's or tips on the process before I dive into it.

Thanks again for any input.

Kent S Butler
'56 Chevy 3100
Houston, TX