Thanks so much for the response.

It was actually a training truck; never used for fires in my community. They
only used it for a few years. Then they put it on ebay. I promised my wife my
limit was $1,000. I won it for $2,000. Haven't heard the end of that one yet.

Just a quick question: what's wrong with putting a volatile into the carb?
Doesn't it already use one--gasoline?

Tony Seideman