I just meant that if you are priming the engine by pouring gas directly down
the carb throat or spraying in starter fluid (and we have all done those
things) there is a risk of a spark catching the volatile vapor where it isn't
supposed to and harming the owner rather badly.  They say to pour the gas from
a small paper cup rather than pour from a gas can, so you aren't dangling a
bomb in front of your own face.  That's all I meant by that.

jt