 From: Nate <vwna...@yahoo.com>
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:47 PM
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re : Resurection

Oh yeah ~ I've touched one or two of those Rochester series 'B' carbys

They're dead simple , just be gentle with it ~ they don't like much torque on
the four cover screws ~ expect some weeping of fuel 'round the gasket joint ,
DO NOT over tighten those screws else you'll ruin it beyond repair .

Depending on it's over all condition , you may not even need a kit .

Just take it apart over a clean light colored towel as there's a BB in the
accelerator pump that always seems to fall out .

When you're re assembling it , be very careful to not catch the float on the
gasket as you replace the cover , this will bend the float tang and make it run
way too rich .

Remember : the carby is the _VERY_LAST_THING_ you touch during any tune up !
valves , then points gap (.016") then ignition timing (ball on pointer) then
spark plugs gapped to .035 , then you can begin thinking about touching the
carby .

The original 216 has a Carter W1 carby , this is a very good carby indeed ! .

Mostly they've been replaced by Rochester Leaks-A-Lot Series 'B' .

Have fun , don't get P.O.'d when you get stuck or one dist cap spring crumbles
the *instant* you touch it etc. .

-Nate