From: Roy <rmark...@cox.net>
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Coils - Argghhh
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, old_chevroletgmctru...@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, April 4, 2013, 6:23 AM

      I switched my electrical system back to 6 volts and so bought a new 6
volt coil from one of the vendors. It seems OK but not sure so I began looking
for a better one. As I started looking I discovered that I can't find 6 volt
coils but I can find 1.5 or 3.0 ohm coils. ?? So, I Googled everything I could
and never got a clear understanding of which I needed so I measured the coil I
got from the vendor and it is 1.5 ohm so I ordered a 40K Flame Thrower 1.5 ohm.
On the box it says "suitable for 8 cylinder engines. Use 3.0 ohm coil for 6 or
4 cylinder engines except for racing." Can anyone sort this out for me? I am
running 6 volts on a 216 6 cylinder engine.

Thanks,

Roy