Are any of these rims close?  Bill in Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/cz8jm8o

-----Original Message-----
From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom Johnston
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 5:03 PM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] no wheels

Hi Chevy truckers
Well I finally decided to start on a 1946 3/4 ton pickup that has been
sitting in my barn for the last 25 years. First things first, I need to put
some tires on it, as all its tires are rotten
and will not even hold air. When it came to me it had 750-15 tires on the
back and 750-17 on the front. What it was delivered with new, I haven't a
clue. I would like to put 700-16 tires on it all around, and get rid of the
split rim wheels. I suppose I could put lower profile tires on it, but it
just would not look right IMO. What do you think?

The problem is, there are no wheels available that I can find. What I want
are 16 inch stamped steel wheels 5 to 6 inchs wide, with 8 on 6 1/2 lug
pattern, which will handle the
large brake drums. Coker say they are out of stock and it may be a half of
year before they
get any, if they ever do.

If I can't get the wheels I need I will either have to settle for wider
tires, or use the split rims which I won't do, or part the truck out. I hate

to part it out as it is a complete and rust
free truck. Any ideas out there? Any one know of a source for the wheels I
want? Thanx.

Tom