From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom Johnston
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:04 PM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] was no wheels/ now 1946 Chevy 3/4 ton

Hi
Well I have not yet found the wheels I want, but I have the ole truck up on
all fours. I got two of the rotten tires to hold air on the split rims and
I have them up front, and I have two 1999 Ford E350 motorhome wheels on the
back. I had to put those wheels on backwards because they would not clear
the brake drums to install correctly. They stick out beyond the sides of the

fenders about 4 inchs and look ridiculous and too big. All very temporary.
Only so I can roll her around.

That brings me to my second project, seeing if the engine will start so I
can evaluate it. It is the original 216. Truck has 1968 plates so engine has

probably not been started in 46 years. Does anyone have any tips for me on
what to do? I pulled the oil pan and cleaned out all the solid crud. Then I
put in fresh 30 wt oil and sprayed some light oil down the spark plug holes.

Then I pulled the distributer and made myself a tool to spin the oil pump
with a drill. I did this until oil came out around the rocker arms.What
next? Should I hook up a battery and spin it, or should I turn it over
manually?

Thank you all in advance. Tom