Hi Roy,
 Thanks for your reply. Just have a question about the gasket that you put at
the bottom, was it the kind with the metal in it?

From: Roy <rmark...@cox.net>
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:23 AM
Subject: Re: [old-chevy-truck] carb gasket

You will get all kinds of opinions but here is my experience with my 216.
Spacer and manifold should be both dead flat so shouldn't need gasket and I
suppose one could get them both that way with some effort. I tried and always
had some small amount of leakage. Looked all over the internet to get it
"right". Happened to look at LMC's catalog and see that they have both top and
bottom gaskets. Gave it a try and no leaks. Works good, no issues AND using the
two gaskets makes it MUCH easier to get the inboard nut on the manifold stud.
My conclusion is there is no reason not to use both and I have found two
reasons why its a good thing.

Roy
'51 3600
The Sleepy Dragon