> Here are the possibilities:
>
> 1.       If the other wheel turned the same direction as the one you
> turned
> by hand (not likely - only happens with posi-track rear ends) then you
> truly
> do have a 2.25:1 ratio rear gear.
>
> 2.       If one wheel was still while you turned another (probably what
> happened to you) then you need to multiply the number of turns by 2 (2.25
> 2 = 4.5) and most likely you have a 4.57:1 ratio rear gear.
>
> 3.       If one wheel turned some, but not as much as the other, you need
> put it back on the ground so it doesn't move and try again.

Thanks Rick, Bill and Bill
The other wheel did not turn at all. So number 2 is true, though I am not
sure I understand the mechanics of it. So I agree it is probably a 4.57. Too
bad. A 4.11 or ever higher (lower numerically) would have been preferable.
This truck will probably top out at 45 mph. Does anyone know of a drop-in
carrier that would give be better road speed? I don't know how to tell what
kind of a rearend it is other than it is full-floating axle. GM? Dana 44?
There is no tag under any bolt. There are 8 bolts holding the axle flange to
the hub. The carrier is held on by 10 bolts in a round pattern.
Tom