Luke....read your story here. This is what I would suggest. Find online or
where ever a place that sells aircraft quality type bolts. They will have
small holes drilled in the head of the bolts which you could wire tie like
they do on aircraft. I would do a double and use lock tight with the
aircraft bolts then wire tie the bolts after they are torqued in place. I
think this would keep them from coming loose.
Another way to keep the bolts from coming loose would be to use an old
style type of bolt locking washer. They are u shaped and fit between two
bolts with tabs that bend up when the bolts are torqued into place. The
tabs are bent up to keep the bolt from coming loose. These are very
effective but may be hard to find these days as they are old technology.
The air craft stuff is very obtainable. Hope this gives you some ideas.
Good luck!!  Rick