 From: Tom Johnston <john...@whidbey.net>
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:43 PM
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] clutch-head screw removal

Thanks Mark
I'll try that. What is CRC freeze off? What size die grinder bit did you
use?

I was about to apply heat directly to the screw head. I doubt that will
loosen the screw but it might anneal the steel to make it softer and easier
to drill.

Tom

What 42' do you have? I have a 41' 1/2, a 42 3/4, and a 46 3/4.

Tom,

I just went through the same thing with my 42.
I found cutting a slot in the head with a die grinder and using a big
slotted screw driver and plenty of penetrating oil and or CRC' s freeze off
worked about the best
be patient

Mark