From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nate
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:05 AM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re : Magnetic Drain Plugs

Sounds good to me !

Where to get 'em ? .

Just remember to finger feel the depth before putting in something too long
.

-Nate

Chico wrote :

> Thanks for the info, Nate. Makes sense, worked well, and much more useful
info than in the manual.

> As to magnetic drain plug...any thoughts on putting one of the newer rare
earth magnets on the end of a normal or magnetic drain plug? They're so
strong they'd never bounce off but their magnetic fields extend so much
further than a normal magnet, so they would probably grab metal bits sooner
and more readily...?