I just checked all of these. Pulled the belt off and spun each by hand.

After spinning the idler pulley, it has a small clicking noise. Not sure if that would be it or not, as I'm not able to spin it fast enough and consistently enough to emulate engine speed.

I also spun the alternator and it had a grinding noise to it. Didn't feel right but again, not sure if this is it or not. I may go to the local parts store tomorrow and see if they will let me spin a new alternator by hand just to check.

Water pump seemed fine, so did the A/C and power steering pump.

Thanks,

Andrew Geeting
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes, that's it. Water pump bearing first guess, alternator front bearing second. After the bearing warms up enough, it quiets a little.

Milton Schick
1964 442 Cutlass
[EMAIL PROTECTED]