Rune Tipsmark wrote:
Ok , had a chance to loop the cables now, the second I loop the 2 ports on my
Windows server it brings it up as 10gbit as expected.
OmniOS still brings it up as 1gbit, tried changing cables as well.

Next stop must be a support case with SM I suppose.

Did you have the exact same motherboard Ian?

Almost - X9DRH-7TF. I get 10G with both OmniOS and Solaris on these boards, same with the Intel cards.

One point that may or may not be relevant, with Dell X540 cards, I get piss poor performance under SmartOS. I haven't had time to analyse why.

--
Ian.