From: onap-discuss-bounces at lists.onap.org<mailto:onap-discuss-bounces at
lists.onap.org> [mailto:onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of
Ahmad, Munir
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:11 AM
To: LEFEVRE, CATHERINE <cl664y at intl.att.com<mailto:cl664y at intl.att.com>>;
POND, MARK <mpond at amdocs.com<mailto:mpond at amdocs.com>>; PLATANIA, MARCO
<platania at research.att.com<mailto:platania at research.att.com>>
Cc: onap-discuss at lists.onap.org<mailto:onap-discuss at lists.onap.org>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] Questions about VNF Heat Template

Sorry outlook sent my incomplete email when I pressed enter.

We are facing an issue when we upload ZIP file containing the Heat
templates(formatted according to ONAP standards) to SDC. Below is the exact
error message from SDC UI

Heat base_vmx.yaml: Referenced parameter not found in nested file - re.yaml,
resource name - re0, parameter name ? metadata
                Heat base_vmx.yaml: Referenced parameter not found in nested
file - fpc.yaml, resource name - pfe0, parameter name ? metadata

We have one level of nesting and the base_vmx.yaml creates two VNF with the
following types:

type: re.yaml
type: fpc.yaml

I am able to resolve either one the errors above but not both when I add
metadata as parameters to re.yaml or fpc.yaml. Having the following line in
both files causes the upload validation fail in SDC.

parameters:
  metadata: {description: this is metadata, type: string}

My understanding is that when we have metadata as parameter in both(re.yaml and
fpc.yaml) and when these are brough up to parent yaml during processing it
conflicts. Therefore we can have only the metadata tag on either one of the
yaml files.

Based on our observations it seems like ONAP supports nesting as long as we are
creating one VNF. Can you confirm/reject our observation?

I have attached the yaml files in question.

Best Regards
Munir Ahmad