From: Alexis de Talhouët [mailto:adetalhoue...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 10:30 AM
To: Yang, Bin
Cc: onap-discuss
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [DCAGEN2] Proxied DNS Designate only with
Multicloud Titanium

Hi Bin,

So if I understand correctly, I should register the VIM in multi cloud (do you
have an example or a link on how to ) and DCAE will be able to use it to proxy
DNS request (DNSaaS) to this instance. I was under the impression it was hard
coded to pod25 in the DCAE boostrap script, I’ll look again.

[Bin] Yes, pod25 was hard coded in DCAE bootstrap script, but it is just the
cloud owner name, most related information that DCAE bootstrap uses to register
a VIM instance are passed by HEAT template ( I believe OOM could support that
parameter injection , correct?)

I’m glad this is already there then, I guess I got confused while reading the
script. I’ll try this tomorrow.
[Bin] I think it is the hardcoded 'titanium_cloud' in that script to confuse
you. This could be changed to be a parameter passing by HEAT/OOM. But right now
MultiCloud plugin for titanium_cloud support vanilla OpenStack version like
ocata, mitaka, newton as well. I didn't try the pike, but there is big chance
that pike can be supported without any modification.

So you confirm I can already use the proxy setup provided by DCAE to use a
proxy for DNS Desginate other than the OpenLab one?

I have OpenStack Pike, would that work?
[Bin] I didn't test with pike yet,  you can give it a try  .

OOM does already provide the support for this in Amsterdam. I guess what I was
looking for is a proxy setup using plain OpenStack APIs.  and not using
Multicloud. But I’m all in for using Multicloud if available and working
already.

[Bin]: I do think it will be valuable that OOM provide such kind of support and
I can share what I learned and hope you get more comprehensive understanding of
the requirement/solutions.

Thanks,
Alexis