Kenny,
   Gildas, Marco, Gary, Alexis D., Helen and myself came up with the first step
in enabling triggered CD builds (a standard tag format)  in last Friday's
tagging meeting (the 3rd one).  This is a refinement of the issue raised by
Gildas last Nov.
   We would like to bring these proposals as then come in to the wider
community and the L.F. before and after PTL approval.
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Independent+Versioning+and+Release+Process#IndependentVersioningandReleaseProcess-StandardizedDockerTagging
    The subsequent issue discussions on when to tag, when to build docker
images, how many to keep, the relationship to "latest", the granularity of
staging tags, what to publish in manifests and what to consume in continuous
deployment testing (and the commit granularity of the tests) - these are all
still in discussion in the wiki, the referenced jiras there and some of the
community meetings.
    The ongoing configmaps refactoring and the 2-3 and soon to be 4 automated
CD systems will drive these exercises in a good use/adjust loop.

   We will post an onap-discuss wide community meeting after the Monday PTL
meet discusses this one.

    Thank you

Michael O'Brien
Amdocs Technology