Hi all,

I am trying to deploy latest ONAP (Beijing) using OOM (master branch) and I found some challenges using suggested HW resources for all-in-one (rancher server + k8s host on single node) deployment of ONAP:

HW resources:

  •    24 VCPU
  • 128G RAM
  • 500G disc space
  • rhel7.4 os
  • rancher 1.6.14
  • kubernetes 1.8.10
  • helm 2.8.2
  • kubectl 1.8.12
  • docker 17.03-ce

Problem:

some random pods are unable to spawn and are on "Pending" state with error "No nodes are available that match all of the predicates: Insufficient pods (1).“

Analyzis:

it seems that mine server can allocate max. 110 pods, which I found from "kubectl describe nodes" output

Allocatable:

cpu:     24

memory:  102861656Ki

pods:    110

full ONAP deployment with all components enabled might be 120+ pods but I did not get even that 110 running,

maybe some race-condition for latest pods. If I disable 5+ components in onap/values.yaml, it will fit into that server but then it seems that "Minimum Hardware Configuration" described in

http://onap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/submodules/oom.git/docs/oom_cloud_setup_guide.html

is wrong (120GB RAM, 160G disc, 16vCPU)

or is there any hint how to increase that maximum number of allocatable pods ?

thanks,

Michal