I guess you could argue that our current code base is not well formed but if
you look at Gerrit right now you see about 60+ repos for the couple of
components we have.

Let?s just start with A. A&AI in my mind is one project. The scope of the
project is to provide a current inventory for ONAP.

It consist of 5 repos.

- AAI Chef cookbooks
- AAI Chef environment files
- AAI REST based services
- AAI common logging library
- Loads SDC Models into A&AI

now could we have thrown all of this into one repo? Sure we could have but I
think they are functionally separate enough that they shouldn?t be in the same
repo so they can be managed separately (e.g. versioning, patches, releases
etc?). Also not every ONAP user might use all of them (e.g. somebody might not
want to use chef and add an ansible repo)

This is true pretty much for every component we have right now as you can see
in gerrit.

Now I guess you could argue that we should file a sub project proposal for each
of those repos but I am not sure if e.g. creating two repos for  Check
cookbooks and Check environment files is really a decision which needs TSC
input. That could perfectly be handled by the project team. After all we are
trusting the project team to write the code so why not trust them with this?

So in my mind this will either lead to:

A.) unnecessary red tape overhead
B.) people combining things into a single repo because they don?t want to do
the red tape.

(and believe me I know red tape ?.). Probably you get a bit of both.

Oliver