Can I get some clarity on the actual use case and requirements for this
standalone VM for China? I’m sorry but I am a bit confused as to what specific
problem we are trying to solve.  My original understanding from last week is
that a VPN jumphost was being requested. What is being described below looks
like a completely different scenario.

As for the other work we have committed to, the Infrastructure team is setting
up the AWS environment with an ipsec connection in Singapore with a Nexus 3
server (the one with the Docker images) and the git mirror.  As previously
stated the expected delivery for these resources is Nov 3rd.

With regards to requests that we pursue an alternative service provider, that
possibility will be assessed at a later date. For the tight time frames on this
effort it would be inappropriate to try and ramp up with a new service provider
where we have no pre-existing relationships, no contracts in place and no
support experience working with them.  Doing so would carry a very high risk of
actually delaying the delivery of these critical resources.

Best Regards,
-kenny

Kenny Paul,  Technical Program Manager
kp...@linuxfoundation.org