(bcc'd to onap-discuss)

Moderators needed for onap-tsc and onap-discuss
https://lists.onap.org/pipermail/onap-discuss/2018-May/009576.html I have one
volunteer, but I need a few more.

Moving to groups.io has introduced a few changes to mail handling and has
created a few new opportunities as well.

Issues that some companies had with subscription via mailman being blocked
should be alleviated by moving to groups.io

Groups.io uses #hashtags for topic management. You tag a message by including a
#hashtag within or at the end of the subject line of the message.   For
onap-discuss I have created #hashtags for all of the pre-existing [tags] we had
in place before. It may be worthwhile using both [tag] and #hashtag for a few
weeks so that folks can adjust their client-side filters as we go.

Mailman had a server side option users could set that would exclude any
messages without a specific [tag].  That went away with the move. If a user has
set [tag] filters in their local email client, (Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird,
etc.) those should still work. If not, they should be easy to modify to work.

The groups.io server can also be set up on to reject any message that does not
have a #hashtag. Is that something that folks would like to do for onap-discus?

You can run polls in groups.io. In fact, I currently have a poll running asking
the Community whether they would like to see the hashtage enforcement feature
enabled for onap-discuss. https://lists.onap.org/g/onap-discuss/message/10887

Best Regards,
-kenny

Kenny Paul, Technical Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
kp...@linuxfoundation.org, 510.766.5945
San Francisco Bay Area, Pacific Time Zone