From: morgan.richo...@orange.com <morgan.richo...@orange.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 4:01 PM
To: 黄蕾 <huanglei...@chinamobile.com>; Lefevre, Catherine
<catherine.lefe...@intl.att.com>
Cc: onap-tsc <onap-tsc@lists.onap.org>; yangyanyj <yangya...@chinamobile.com>
Subject: RE:[onap-tsc] Guilin Release: REQ-335 to REQ-338

Hi

I will hopefully have a better view tomorrow :)

I remember I saw a presentation in Prag on this topic. @Lei do not hesitate to
correct me if I am wrong.

The title of the requirements is maybe a bit misleading, Certification shall be
indicated.

As far as I remember automation testing here deals only with VNF automation
testing from SDC interface.
The goal is not to test ONAP to validate ONAP but to certify VNF vendors that
their VNF can be deployed from ONAP.
It requires some work on SDC (but resources are provisionned)+ use/update of
CLI + glue (if VNF needs network resources)

There is probably some tooling overlaps with what has been done in Integration
regarding VNF automation.
In frankfurt I tried to integrate the VNF_Tosca use case in CI. I think we were
not far.
This use case is already leveraging the tools used for Certification automation
(CLI, oclip,..)
Integration is using alternatives to CLI (Robot, postman, onap_tests, soon
python_onapsdk,..) to interact with ONAP
that is why vCPE_Tosca was interesting because it was following another logic
It could have been the opportunity to sue and test CLI and components that are
no very tested (MSB, ESR)
Unfortunately I was able to finalize the integration, I created a Jira in order
to enhance the use case for Guilin.

As a conclusion, If I understood well, goals are different.
There requirements deal with VNF testing automation within Certification
context.

/Morgan