From: onap-tsc@lists.onap.org <onap-tsc@lists.onap.org> On Behalf Of David
McBride via lists.onap.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 1:38 PM
To: Rajewski Łukasz - Hurt <lukasz.rajew...@orange.com>
Cc: onap-tsc@lists.onap.org; onap-release <onap-rele...@lists.onap.org>;
onap-usecase...@lists.onap.org; Kenny Paul <kp...@linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: [onap-requirements-sub] [onap-tsc] Continuing a REQ from one
release to the next #guilin #honolulu

Remember that scope affects planning and resource allocation for the release.
It also affects how the TSC evaluates milestone progress and GO/NOGO decisions.
 For example, the component impact table documents what components will be
impacted by the defined scope of the requirement.  If your scope includes work
that you won't do until subsequent releases, then the component impact table
may imply allocation of resources that isn't necessary.

Also, if your defined scope is broader than what you intend to complete in the
release, then it confuses TSC evaluation of your progress at milestones.

Perhaps a good compromise would be to include two parts in the requirement
description.  The first part would document the overall scope of the
requirement, while the second part would document the scope that you intend to
complete for the current release.

David

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 10:21 AM Rajewski Łukasz - Hurt