Hi,

so as long as it goes about the new release process I share Lukasz point
of view.

Key differences between old release process and new one is:

1) Split technical discussion on proposed change and the resource discussion

2) Let people interested in the requirement plan their work how they
want and not force them to do everything till the particular milestone.

So in the new release process the Feature or Spec is a technical
description of the proposed change. It should clearly present what
people want to achieve and by design this is not tight to the particular
release. The only thing that we require is to get Feature/Spec approved
by impacted parties before the M2. If someone fails to meet the deadline
and get it approved a week later his or her feature can be worked on in
the next release but not the current one.

As we have removed the resource part from the table, TSC will no longer
need to waste their time to try to asses how many Features or specs we
can fit into particular release or to decide what to descope and what
not. If the proposed change is technically correct and impacted parties
are fine with it then community may start working on it. When it will be
ready? It's all matter of resources that community is willing to
dedicate to this task but it's purely the decision of interested
companies. If this feature has top priority for them they may assign
enough resources to implement that in a week but if it's a low priority
task they may be working on it for 3 years. When they finish and test
their solution they would just report to TSC by updating particular
ticket that this feature is finally ready and that's it.

This model is nothing new in the open source community. It's exactly the
model in which Open Stacks specs or kubernetes KEPs are being used.

--
Krzysztof Opasiak
Samsung R&D Institute Poland