On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@openoffice.org>
wrote:

> Spanish would be good. I did submit a petition a few months back for this.
> Portuguese is a split language between portugal and brasil. Althought most
> of the romance language shared the same locales issues like long strings.

In the past we used in Brazil the Portuguese (from Portugal) version
of the translation, and it wasn't a 'happy experience' to our users,
because some key works (as File) are transtaled using different words
in Brazil (Arquivo) and Portugal (Ficheiro).

All Portuguese (also speaken on some African and Asian countries) are
now sharing the same orthography, but we still having different words
to express the same things.

I hope that in a few days I may present more about what we may do with
Brazilian Portuguese, but yes, we would like to have a pt-br version
too.

Sorry for asking this later, but we're on the first day of FISL
(www.fisl.org.br), a huge FLOSS event in Brazil. There will be a talk
about Apache OpenOffice here on Saturday.

Best,

Jomar