To top post on the top posting, I think the most important thing to consider is: this decision does not need to be made today. Or even this week. Or even this month.

I think it would be far more valuable in the near future to get some code in place, and provide better public explanations of the project roadmap and ProjectPlanning pages in terms of it's transition to Apache.

It would also be simpler to have this conversation once this community has a little more experience at working together here at Apache. In particular, the final decision will be made by the PPMC, within Apache Brand requirements - as advised, obviously, by helpful and productive commenters here on the dev@ list.

- Shane