Greg,

Simple version of the question: Is your putting notices on everything your
personal practice or is it a requirement that this be done with all textual
artifacts where notices are possible?

 - Dennis

LONGER VERSION

I looked over the ooo/trunk/tools/dev/ repository and noticed that you put
Apache notices on all of your files, including .txt and .sh.

I have been setting up forensic tools on a different repository that I happen
to be the sole committer for, and I wanted to stage things so that they could
be cleanly transferred/granted to Apache if that became desirable at some
point.  I am being careful with category A third-party code, not using any
other kind, and putting everything else and the combined works under an Apache
license.

Is it a rigorous requirement to put Apache notices on all textual files that I
am placing under the Apache license?  (I have test data that, by its nature, I
can't do that with, but I can do so on the containers and descriptive texts
about that data.)