On 05/08/11 18:56, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
Hi all,
2011.08.05. 18:41 keltezéssel, drew írta:
On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 14:22 +0200, eric b wrote:

<snip>
Let's try a different approach: if the item exists on the forums,
there will be _de_facto_ a support ? (yet the chicken egg issue .. ).
Hi Eric,

It's hard to disagree with that - I'd just add, it's a case of lack of a
champion versus blocking. In the Spanish forum Alexandro has been, is, a
champion for OOo4Kids/OOoLight. Notice that the different forums are not
exact copies of each other and indeed the es/forum explicitly list the
two application. I am a little bit surprised that the forum did not go
ahead and open separate sub-pages. Why not, I have no idea, but I am
certain it wasn't because anyone blocked anything.
Why not?
My personal answer no user needs for that:
Only 23 post in EN forum, most of them announcement by Eric on new versions: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=OOo4Kids
One post for OOoLight:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=OOoLight
From ~ 38000 posts.

Who use OOo4Kids/OOoLight can help to others, I not know we have such volunteers, but will ask it.

OOo4Kids/OOoLight project members can join and help their users on forums.

Until this happens, not useful to can claim on the forums first page that we support OOo4Kids/OOoLight.

Regards,
Zoltan
+1

It's quite likely
that if that had happened and the pages showed activity other forums
would of taken notice.

Of course there is always a new day in front of us.

<snip>

Thanks,

drew