Rob Weir wrote:
As my preceding forwards indicate, we're getting some interesting
posts to d...@openoffice.org, including offers of help, but they are
not getting adequate responses.  We're missing opportunities here to
grow the project.

Is there anything we can do to improve this?

1) Continue as now, and I'll forward "interesting" posts to ooo-dev?

2) Send a note to d...@openoffice.org telling them that we've moved
over to ooo-dev and inviting them to join?

3) Auto-responder for d...@openoffice.org telling them that we've moved
over to ooo-dev?

4) Shut down d...@openoffice.org to new posts?

I liked the one reply that was sent to someone offering to help:

"I think your best bet to help participate in Open Office is now at the Apache Development. Apache should be the new owner of the Open Office Source code and is now working very hard at porting it into their system. The source in now in their "incubator". This is usually a temporary 6 month stay until officially accepted.

Every thing you should need to know about helping to participate with the project is located at:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html";

If no one objects I will monitor the list and reply with something like the above and point people to the AOOo with page.

Andy