Soon, I hope, the OOo code will be checked into SVN.  After that
happens I think we need to coordinate on the next steps.  I know that
several of us have code they'd like to check-in, CWS's to integrate,
LGPL code to remove, etc.  But let's stage this work carefully, so we
minimize problems.

Could we do something like this:

1) Initially, only changes are made to make SVN to more perfectly
match the Hg tip.  We know there are 10 or so files that need to be
checked in, with attention to EOL style.  And there was a suggestion
to update the memo of the initial checkin.   Let's get that work done,
and then tag that revision with a memorable label, before we make any
other changes.  (Should also give a tag to the current Hg tip)

2) Registration of any cryptographic code in OOo (required for US
Export regulations, not sure if this was previously required when OOo
was hosted in Germany).

3) Then do what is necessary to enable anyone who wishes to build to
do so.  So confirm we can build, add files, etc., if they are missing.
 Get instructions onto the website, or links to instructions.
Everything we do after this is easier if we first enable more people
to work with the code.  Obviously a newbie is not going to be
productive on their first day, but the sooner we get them working with
the code, the sooner they will be productive.  I think we should try
to enable that now, than wait 6 months.

4) As part of verifying the build we should be able to confirm what
additional files, if any we need to request that Oracle add to their
SGA.

5) Identification and removal of any code that does not have a
compatible license

6) Then I think we can open it up to integrating CWS's, fixing bugs, etc.

Does this make sense?  I'm open to variations on this, but I think we
need to stage the work somewhat like the above.