On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Simon stuck this in the next gen support technology thread, but I
>> think this deserves its own top level thread.  He declined to move it
>> into its own thread, but I will.
>>

> Thanks Rob. Very enlightening post that shows me just how much you
> misunderstand my position.
>

>> If I understand Simon's recurring proposal correctly, he would like us to:
>>

> You don't. I am proposing discussion based on the levels of volunteering
> that are evident in the project ONCE IT IS OPERATIONAL.

Simon, I'm not just making this stuff up.  This was your proposal:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3c00edd8e7-3429-486e-8e1a-7fba310a1...@webmink.com%3E

=================

1.  Apache should accept the contribution of both a copyright license to =
the code from Apache (and I suggest checking it's the full, =
multi-branched source including all the in-progress contributions that =
are in a CWS and not just the release) and the trademarks so that those =
resources are secured for the community.

2.  This incubator project, which sets out to be the "Firefox of =
OpenOffice", should proceed pretty much as described, but under a name =
other than OpenOffice (just as Firefox got a different name). Something =
like "Apache ODF Suite" that describes the intent to be the core code of =
a fresh start. Picking an alternative name will help avoid those =
millions of current users getting confused, and I suspect will cool down =
some of the emotions in this discussion. I'm sure Rob and the others =
behind the proposal will be able to populate a podling to get this =
started.

3. Given that a substantial part of the effort that the LibreOffice =
project has committed has been the creation of an open repository and =
build system coupled with an effective international distribution =
system, I suggest that we collectively ask LibreOffice to take on the =
task of "business-as-usual" for OpenOffice, so that the Incubator =
project can focus on rebirth and not get swamped in the minutiae of =
"business as usual".

If you have withdrawn that proposal, then please state so and share
with us with your new proposal.  I'd love to hear it.