Ah, deep linking into the Bugzilla.

Now I understand.  Yes, that is important.

But the issues have not moved.  They should still be there on the read-only
OpenOffice.org Bugzilla.

What can't be done is further commenting and seeing any changes since the move.

To stay tied to the live one, the redirection has to be done on the
OpenOffice.org site.

Also, people may be frustrated to learn that they still can't comment or make
new issues because they have to reactivate their registration, if any.

PLEASE: Is there someone HERE who can change the message on the OpenOffice.org
Bugzilla to something like "This instance of Bugzilla is now Read-Only!!  The
current Bugzilla is now at the Apache OOo Project, http://issues.apache.org/ooo/

ALSO: I think we need to refine the notice that now shows up on every view into
issues.apache.org/ooo/ so that arrivals by deep linking know where they are
(I.e., at the Apache OOo Bugzilla, not the "live" one.  They are not
necessarily going to know why that is important :).  Also, a password is not
required simply to access the Bugzilla, it is required to submit and modify
issues.

THEN We need to consider how to redirect.  If we redirect
http://openoffice.org/bugzilla/, there is other information that will be lost
(such as what is now on that front page and all of the information on other
pages that leads to that and other pages).

QUESTION: Is there anyone HERE who knows how to do that successfully THERE
without breaking something else?  Ideally, it would look like the Apache
Bugzilla is now simply sitting in place of the original OpenOffice.org one.
But we need to be able to revert if we mess it up.  And we will need to do
considerable housekeeping to keep visitors from being confused or giving up on
what appears to be a mess.

I assume that updating Forum pages is easy.  I am concerned about the web pages
of the site that are all about OpenOffice.org Bugzilla.

 - Dennis